The NYSORA Ultrasound Guided Regional Anesthesia and Vascular Access Boutique Workshops are an approved ASA/ASRA UGRA Portfolio Program! The course includes 10 hours of didactics and 6 hours of small-group, hands-on learning, sufficient to fulfill all of the required coursework for the Portfolio Program in just one, weekend workshop.
The Boutique Workshops also include state of the art 3D virtual cadaver imaging and top-quality personalized instruction by internationally renowned instructors.
Delegates attending NYSORA boutique workshops will be taught standardized techniques and protocols endorsed by 26 participating NYSORA key opinion leaders worldwide. Faculty selected for the workshops are some of the best instructors and clinicians recognized for their expertise in regional anesthesia. They will present a consistent, agreed-upon NYSORA format that offers the clearest possible instruction.
- Hands-on scanning
- Case presentations, interactive discussions and didactic sessions
- Needle-eye-coordination practice
- Simulated US-Guided nerve blocks and vascular access procedures
- Documentation, standardization and safety principles
- Pre-and Post knowledge assessment test
- Interpret various sonographic artifacts and outline a plan for troubleshooting these using various transducer maneuvers and ultrasound machine setting adjustments
- Demonstrate the correct sonographic technique for identification of the brachial plexus and individual nerves of the lower extremity, and associated vascular and musculoskeletal structures
- Demonstrate the correct sonographic technique for performance of truncal blocks including transversus abdominis plane block, rectus sheath block, and paravertebral and neuraxial blockade
- Describe the factors leading to local anesthetic systemic toxicity and postoperative neurologic symptoms, and propose a strategy for avoidance and treatment of these complications
- Compare the evidence for success and other outcomes between landmark-based and ultrasound-guided approaches to vascular access
- Develop a framework for the establishment of a regional anesthesia service using strategies to increase surgical, anesthetic and hospital buy-in
- Discuss the rational choice of local anesthetics and adjuvants for various peripheral nerve blocks
- June 3 & 4, 2017
- August 5 & 6, 2017- Registration Closed
- October 1 & 2, 2017 – Registration Closed
- December 2 & 3, 2017